Terms and Conditions
Whilst the Washington Central Hotel Ltd makes every effort to ensure that the information contained in this website is accurate and current, we give no warranty or undertaking as to the quality, or freedom from error, of the contents of the website.
All bookings and reservation whether made by telephone, website, Internet, in person or in writing are subject to the following terms and conditions, and cancellation policy.
- Bookings will only be accepted with full guest’s details, names, address, day time and evening telephone numbers, arrival and departure dates and the first night accommodation is paid as well as confirmed method of payment.
- Booking will be confirmed upon receipt by the Washington Central Hotel/ Sleepwell Inn (WCH/SI) with a booking reference.
- Payment for the first night will be taken on booking for the WCH and SI. Please note at weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday check-ins) we will require full payment upfront for all guests at the WCH and SI. We accept Visa and Master Card credit cards. We do not accept Amex and Diners Club credit cards. Payment can be made by cash, but you must provide the WCH/ SI with a credit card for payment of additional hotel services and for security of the room. Please note all business debit and credit cards will be charged a 3% handling fee.
- The WCH/SI are both strictly non-smoking environments, and guests found to be smoking in their room will be subject to a £150.00 deep clean charge.
- Check in is available after 15.00 and check out time is 11.00.
- The guest shall not authorise or permit any other person(s) to enter or stay in their booked accommodation without prior approval from the WCH/SI. Failure to inform the WCH/SI will incur an additional night’s accommodation charge.
- The WCH/SI shall not be liable to the guest for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, to his property, or person however caused arising from the stay (other than any personal injury caused to the guest arising directly from the negligence of the company).
- Bookings made via our online booking engine will be confirmed upon receipt of your deposit which equals to the amount of the first nights’ accommodation. The deposit is non refundable in the event of a cancellation.
Sleeping – Cancellation policy
- All cancellations must be in writing by email. Any verbal/telephone cancellations must be supported by confirmation of the cancellation in writing.
- Bookings cancelled before 12 noon 24 hours prior to arrival are non chargeable. I.e. A booking for 2nd May cancelled prior to 12 noon on 1st May is non chargeable.
- Cancellations received after 12 noon on day prior to arrival up until 12 noon on day of arrival will be charged as the full room rate booked.
- Cancellations received after 12noon on the day of arrival will be regarded as non arrivals and charged at the full rate for the room booked.
- We have a number of free car parking spaces at the Washington Central Hotel which are available on the front of the hotel and in private car parks approx 200 meters from the main hotel. These spaces are on a first come first served basis and we cannot guarantee that you will receive a space in our car parks. Upon arrival, please drive up to the barrier on the car park at the front of the main hotel and it will lift and if space allows we will allocate a free car parking space. There are also a number of public car parking options within 500 meters of the hotel.
Wedding and Events
- Once original enquiry has been made please phone to make an appointment to view the hotels facilities. This will give us the opportunity to check your preferred date and answer any initial questions. A provisional enquiry will only be held for 4 weeks.
- The selected date would then require confirmation. This will be secured upon receipt of a deposit of £500.00 inc. VAT for each function, and completion of the Wedding confirmation form.
- In the unlikely event of a cancellation, for whatever reason or circumstance, deposits are non-refundable.
- Please note all business debit and credit cards will be charged a 3% handling fee.
- 12 months prior to the Wedding date, 50% of the total cost will be incurred.
- 3 months prior to the Wedding date, 100% of the total cost will be incurred, payable within 7 days from date of letter confirming cancellation.
Note: – It is highly advisable to take out an Insurance Policy to cover any unlikely eventuality.
- The menu, final arrangements and approximate numbers attending will be finalised by appointment with the hotels Wedding co-ordinator one month prior to the function – we will call you to arrange a mutually convenient date for this meeting.
- Final numbers must be notified to the Wedding co-ordinator 7 days prior to the function. This confirmed final number will be the minimum charged.
- Full and final payment must be made 3 days before the event. Any additional expenses incurred on the day, will be invoiced for payment within 7 days of the reception.
- The room hire charge for Civil Weddings is £250.00 regardless of which room is used. (As long as a reception or wedding evening is held in the hotel.)
- Private bar hire is available at a rate of £50.00 for 1-50 guests, £100.00 for 50-100 guests and £150.00 for upwards of 100 guests.
- These conditions supersede all previous booking conditions dated after April 2016.
Christmas and New Year
- All Party Night events are subject to demand exceeding the minimum numbers required to proceed with a successful event, if not alternative dates with availability may be offered. We reserve the right to split larger parties into smaller groups or smaller parties to be joined with other groups, the table plan for the night will be decided by the hotel, dependant on final number for each function.
- Please note all business debit and credit cards will be charged a 3% handling fee.
- A non-refundable deposit is required for all bookings in December and is due within 10 days of your booking being made in order to guarantee your reservation. Nonrefundable deposits are:
- £10 per person for bookings in the Central Bistro or Bar
- £10 per person for bookings at any party nights
- £15 per person for Christmas Day and New Years Eve
- All bookings must be accompanied by a completed booking form.
- The final balance is due 14 days prior to your event. Cancellations for whatever reason after the final balance is paid are non-refundable.
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- If you have any special dietary needs, please let us know 3 days in advance of your booking. Some of our dishes may contain nuts, therefore, please highlight any allergies to the hotel prior to the event.
- For parties of 4 or more people where a food choice, a pre-order of food is required 5 working days prior to the date of your booking.
Please write to Washington Central Hotel Ltd, Washington Street, Workington, Cumbria, CA14 3AY.
Further information regarding our Complaints Policy is available upon request.
Privacy Statement and Data Policy
Washington Central Hotel Ltd, Washington Street, Workington, Cumbria, CA14 3AY
01900 65772 – www.washingtoncentralhotel.co.uk – firstname.lastname@example.org – Company no. 5283593
To summarise, we will collect your data for the purpose of processing your reservation, enquiry or membership. No data will be processed for any other any reason than what it was collected for to assist the smooth handling of your current or potential future reservation or request. No data will be disseminated to commercial third parties nor sold or rented out.
Washington Central Hotel Ltd policy may change so please return to this web page frequently to make sure you are happy with our privacy statement. This statement was refreshed on 25th May 2018. Below you can find details of what data we collect and how it is protected once supplied to us.
What data is collected and why?
Data is collected for the purpose of processing your reservation, enquiry or membership and any associated products such as events, spa and bistro bookings.
Information that you provide to us when enquiring or booking on our website, on the telephone, in person, or through the post includes the following:
• Contact information including full name, address, telephone number and email address.
• Information relating to your current or potential booking or enquiry.
• Information relating to the financing of your booking or reservation.
• Information relating to any health issues (only for gym membership or swimming lessons).
• We use software tools such as Google Analytics to collect activity via our website for marketing purposes. We look at the following, but not exclusive to the channel the website was entered by, if an enquiry was made, session duration and pages visited.
• Telephone information including phone numbers and call duration that we use for training and quality control.
Where is your data stored and what do we do with it?
Any information is kept secure and safe by using an internal database which is a password protected system. Where information is paper based this is either scanned and stored electronically or held securely. In order to prevent unauthorised access or data breaches we have effective procedures in place to safeguard information held on you.
If provided with your full details, we will contact you by email, phone or mail unless requested otherwise.
From time to time, we may contact you regarding offers, new events and/or updates which we think to be of legitimate interest to those who have bought, or enquired with us before. Unless asked to unsubscribe from contact, guests who have stayed with us or used our facilities will receive this follow up for 5 years and those who enquired, but never bought or used our facilities for 3.
Data may at any point be removed from the database or from marketing activity if requested. We have legitimate reasons to keep information about your stay, reservation or membership, but we will remove all connection with the client from this.
If for any reason you wish to request that we do not hold certain information about you or you wish to opt out from being contacted by us, please email email@example.com or write to Washington Central Hotel Ltd, Washington Street, Workington, Cumbria, CA14 3AY.
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioners Office and our registration number is Z1383835.
Our website uses cookie technology which helps us bring you the best possible experience when you visit this website. This page is designed to be open and transparent in detailing the information we collect and how we use it and also provides guidance on how you can opt out of cookies should you wish to.
All content found on www.washingtoncentralhotel.co.uk is under copyright with Washington Central Hotel Ltd and should not be used without agreement of the owner. Any infringements will be followed up as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Links to Third Party websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. Should you choose to use these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over any other website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting and such sites are governed by this privacy statement. You should look at take into account the privacy statement to the website in question.
Identity of Data Controller
The data controller is Emma Dobie, Partner, Washington Central Hotel Ltd
Updated September 2020
Gift Vouchers Terms & Conditions
- Gift vouchers are valid for 3 months from the date of purchase.
- Please allow 5 working days for processing and delivery of any gift vouchers.
- Gift Voucher quantities should be checked immediately upon receipt. Any discrepancies must be notified immediately. Washington Central Hotel cannot be held responsible for shortage or loss of any gift cards not notified to us within three days of delivery.
- Gift Vouchers are available in denominations of £10 with a £10 minimum.
- Gift Vouchers can only be used in a single transaction; and cannot be exchanged for cash. No change or refund will be given.
- Gift Vouchers may be used for goods or services of a higher value, on payment of the difference.
- Gift Vouchers will not be replaced when lost, damaged or stolen.
- Gift Vouchers will be subject to verification at time of presentation.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with promotional discount codes cannot be used against gift voucher and e-gift voucher purchases.
- Gift Voucher redemption is subject to availability and cannot be used against special events such as Christmas, Mother’s Day etc unless by prior agreement.
- Washington Central Hotel reserves the right to amend these terms & conditions without prior notice.